Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nevertheless I Live

The Apostle Paul proclaims in Galatians 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life that I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." The word "I" in this verse has two meanings. The Greek words "ego" (eg-go') and "zao" (zah'-o) were both translated "I". Ego; me, or the awareness of oneself, is familiar to us. Zao; to live, a vital power, or a life giving force, has a more dynamic meaning. Paul is talking about the "old man" and the "new man". In Ephesians 4:22-24 we read about putting off the old man and putting on the new man. The "new man" is created after God in righteousness and true holiness.

There are two other closely related Greek words that give us some insight about our "new man". The words, "hagnos" (hag-nas') and "hagios" (ha'-gee-as). "Hagnos" means pure and is literally translated "pure" in 1 John 3:3. This verse is speaking of the purifying hope within us. "Hagios" means most holy thing, or a saint, and is translated "that holy thing" in Luke 1:35. This verse describes the miraculous conception of our Lord Jesus Christ when the power of the Highest overshadowed Mary. We have a pure, clean, and righteous inner man. Thank God for what Jesus did for us!

Let there be no mistake about it, "Zao" and "Ego" do not get along. They are contrary to one another (Galatians 5:17). Zao wants to obey God and Ego does not. We must help Zao! What can we do? How can we help him? We can sow to the Spirit (Galatians 6:8). We can feed and clothe him by believing and speaking the Word of God (Romans 10:10). This is how Zao lives. Paul gives us some good advice in Philippians 4:4-7. "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ."

Praise Jesus. Just want to share the Joy!

Article Source: FaithWriters.com http://www.faithwriters.com and FaithReaders.com http://www.faithreaders.com

1 comment:

  1. Am inspired with what you have posted...keep on posting and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete