Sunday, August 8, 2010

Psalm 55 says "A contemplation of David."

David began th esong by begging God to listen to his cries. Then he recited his burdens to Him.

Attend to me, and hear me, I am restless in my complaint and moan noisily, because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked, for they bring down trouble upon me, and in wrath they hate me. My heart is severely pained within me and the terrors of death have fallen upon me. Fearfulness and trembling have come upon me and horror has overwhelmed me.

This passage tells us that we may face difficulties in life, unsolvable problems, things getting out of hand, all these caused us emotional problems and then suddenly we realized we need help. We might find ourselves overwhelmed by feelings of anger and despair and we cannot enjoy life anymore.

We used to be healthy but now we are always feeling sick.

Finances out of control and we cannot recover from grief.

If we look closer we can pinpoint times in David's personal history that he might be referring in this Psalm.
WE are not different from David.... he needed God and so do We....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Yes, we as humans never seem to change, except with God's help. It is comforting to know others feel as we do, at times. Blessings**

    ReplyDelete