Sunday, August 29, 2010

Purpose Driven Life First Question

Continuing from Rick Warren's book, Purpose Driven Life, there are three insights into our purpose of life. Here is an extract from this book...

1. You discover your identitiy and purpose through a relationship with Jesus Christ. If yoyu don't have sucah a relationship, I will later explain how to begin one.


2. God was thinking of you long before you ever thought about Him. His purpose for your life predates your conception. He planned it b efore you existed, without your input! You may choose your career, your spouse, your hobbies, and many other parts of your life, but you don't get to choose your purpose.

3. The purpose of your life fits into a much larger, cosmic purpose that God has designed for eternity.

Here are some points to ponder...

It is not about me....

Verse to Remember .. "Everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him." Colossians l:l6b(Msg)

Question to Consider : In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life i sreally about living for God, not myself?

It is really difficult actually, especially I am not focused on God all the time.. I feel deeply guilty many times and I shied away from Him often too. I hide behind the "trees" as in Adam and Eve... I am not pure nor holy... and all these is "I"
Without God, nothing is meaningful.... if it is just I and I, nothing can be solved nor be satisfied. Eventually I need to turn back to God... for His forgiveness and blessings... it is not about I, but He. I cannot make all things possible but He can... He shall...

No comments:

Post a Comment