Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jodi Picoult Plain Truth


I just finished reading this book by Jodi Picoult, Plain Truth. This story about an Amish girl undergoing the guilt and sticking to her truth about what she knows, even to the brink of being accused of murdering her own newborn baby.

This is the first time I heard of Amish beliefs and I kind of respect them in what they practise. They are called "Plain People" in the town they live in, their community is strong, helping one another in times of need.

Katie is just like another ordinary teenager who is accused of being the murderer of her newborn baby. The court involves Ellie Hathaway, her "cousin" and defending lawyer, both of them built a strong relationship with one another along the way.
I am amazed by the ending... the real "murderer" who killed the baby for a reason... LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. This was my 1st amish book too. Before this, I didnt know what is AMish.

    Surprising twist in the end.

    ReplyDelete