Friday, January 25, 2013

A Traumatic Experience

As a mother, I can feel the anguish and the trauma of the parents whose son is still missing.  I can still remember one time when my own son wandered off by himself when he was three or four years of age.  My husband and I were in the shopping mall and each of us took for granted that I was holding my son's hand and vice versa when we were walking among the crowd.  Then when we realized that my second son has wandered off without us knowing, we really panicked!  We separated ways to look for him ... and after few minutes we found him walking in the opposite direction crying away.... oh Gosh.. imagine our relief!!  Immediately, my husband wanted to go home.. no mood to shop anymore after the  feeling of fear and the panic...

This clearly shows me that I cannot blame any mother or father for losing their child.. sometimes it just happens without a slightest thought that our kids can just walk off by themselves.. we are just not prepared for that.. but only after experiencing it in real, we learn a lesson... that is, never take for granted.. we must really be real... get real... think real... don't let other thoughts get into our way especially when our small kids are with us..



No comments:

Post a Comment