Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Prevention and Protection Comes Together

Nowadays I never subscribe to hardcopy newspaper anymore, I update myself with online news and have been doing that for the past few years.  One of the reasons for not buying newspaper is that I do not want to read distressing news each day.  Murders, robberies, kidnapping, rape, lives lost in fires and many more tragedies that bring sorrow and pain when I read about them.  I prefer to read the do and don'ts, how to prevent or avoid such tragedy and recently I went for a seminar talk on how to "survive" in a city, literally. 
City survival is for the ladies especially the teens and the young adults, how to prevent oneself from being stalked and become a victim of rape and murder which has been happening rampantly these days.  The speaker has taken efforts to analyze case after case, why and how it happened and what are the ways to avoid such mishap.  In cases like fires, he recommended that we should invest in some protection and one of them is getting some fire blankets for home.  With these anti-fire blankets, the percentage of getting burnt is low, accidents do happen at home, especially with small kids and toddlers, it is best that we keep some household protection.  As the saying goes, it is advisable to invest in some protection and get some prevention.

No comments:

Post a Comment