Friday, August 29, 2008

To Love Or Not To Love?

Upon reaching office, I had a few minutes of quiet time reading a topic on God's power on our enemies. I dont really dislike anyone, not to the extent of hurting them, no, but there are only one or two who tend to irritate, not severe but just irritating. So how to avoid being irritated? Am I doing something to them that make them irritate me? I have to ask myself....

Written here in Romans 12:17, "Do not repay anyone evil for evil....Mt. 5:43 says Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you....If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?...If you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?"

I know at times its not easy to love those who cause us injustice. And the verse says if we love those who love us, then there is nothing different from others and eventually we are not serving God's purposes upon us.

Read this.. One older woman went to see her pastor, complaining heatedly about her husband to him. She has been married to him for 40 years and as she went on and on complaining how miserable and bad her husband was, the pastor finally said, "Why have u lived with him so long if he's so bad?" He was not encouraging her to break up, he just wanted to know the reason why.. and she startled the pastor by telling him that if she walks out of the marriage, that means she couldnt torment her husband anymore and for her, THAT was the only reason for staying!!

Well.... are we going to be like her one day? Or will we forget our anger and bless those who are our enemies?

3 comments:

  1. It is tough but I always remember what Mother Theresa had once said "if you judge someone, you will have no time to love them". (",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a world in which computer networks are involved in nearly every facet of business and personal life, it is paramount that each of us understand the basic features, operations and limitations of different types of computer networks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi thanks for visitng my page Made me Glad.. i like ur blog..its all about praising god..

    maybe i can ask you some advice..about my life that for me..has been experiencing bad luck..

    have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete