Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Regretful..

Just now around 8.30pm, I received a call from Jennifer... her voice sounded very coarse over the phone and then she told me she was having fever and cough. After talking for a few minutes, she asked me whether I could take her to hospital clinic... actually I was feeling very tired, it was not a good excuse. But before I answered her, I asked where her husband was. He was also at home with her and her grandchild. I felt very bad after telling her to call her husband to take her instead. The thought of having to wait so long at the government hospital sort of made me rather reluctant.

AFter I hung up, I really felt bad..very bad.. I was thinking of my own self instead of her.. I was pushing back to her husband instead of me volunteering to take her. Is that how I should behave? I am definitely very wrong... after this guilt hitting me, I quickly made a call back to her. No reply, called her handphone also no reply, eventually, called her husband... he answered ... he took her to hospital but it was not open because it is a public holiday today....

Anyway, the reason is not whether the hospital is open or not.... it is the fulfilment of request that need to be questioned... I have done wrong today... I shouldnt have push her request back to her husband...I should have drove her when she called me... I realise this is a very bad mistake on my part and I feel very remorseful now...

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing wrong to reject some request sometimes, your friend will understand if you have to explain to her that you were so tired that time. Don't feel too bad for having say no, Anyway thanks for the your nice words..

    ReplyDelete