Monday, October 20, 2008

Let worship be for God, not for us...

Ever feel down when it turned out not what you expected it to be? Well, I did.. I was feeling that way when my worship leading was not what it turned out to be...

Yesterday, we had a good and exciting time practising the songs in church before today's morning service. Everything seemed to be going on smoothly yesterday and we were looking forward to lead worship this morning in front of the congregation.

I don't know exactly what happened, suddenly, I lack the confidence in doing the "echoing" and it didn't turn out good, in fact, it was bland during that particular song. I don't know why I couldn't follow up with the "echo" on that song....I felt very disappointed, I still do...

Just now I received a sms from Jane, my pastor's wife, complimenting us of the worship... I didn't feel better, in fact, I replied that I hope to do better next time, thanking her.

Shortly after that, these words came to my mind... it is not the worship that counts, it is the focusing on God that matters.. When we worship, it is more important to focus on God and not just sing with our hoo haa voices...

2 comments:

  1. I was in the choir and was even a lector when I was younger and I've always felt the pressure to excel and perform well in front of crowd.

    Now that I look back, I've realized what a foolish thing it was. Your words ring true, we don't need a big performance to please God, because He doesn't see the things everybody else sees. He doesn't see us and criticize how well or badly we've done. He only sees what's in our hearts, and that's the only thing that matters. :D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete